2.11.2009

Wedding Dress Wednesday - #4

The title is a bit of false advertising, as I have nothing to show this week as it relates to the dress itself. However, while wasting time in between group meetings I started thinking about what to do with my hair. This led to thoughts of veil alternatives, since my mom and I have decided veils just don't work on me. So in lieu of my handcrafted goods, check out the fabulous work of others (in no particular order) from that site we all love: Etsy.

I like the overall size and scale of this number, and for that matter the variety of materials. The splash of netting gives a nice hint of a veil without taking the full plunge. From Brendasbridalveils.


I'm a sucker for all things Deco and the chandelier jewels with the feather spray is right on the money. From hemsandbustles.


This little number is pretty clean and has a decidedly 50s flare to it with that Sputnik-inspired brooch. Since my dress also has a bit of the 50s in it, maybe this would work? From lulusplendor.

And then there's this one with the biggest honkin' rhinestone but the daintiest of feathers. I like it, but wonder if it's too small to create the kind of impact one goes for when sporting a fascinator? From penellibelle.

So, what do you think? I'm not commiting to anything until the dress is somewhat built so I can get a better idea of the overall feel but it's fun to start looking.

2 comments:

  1. No 2 for me; the feathers pick up on the shape of the train. Love the pics of your puppy; so ahhhhh when asleep and so oooooohhhhh when awake, have fun

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails