4.14.2010

WIP Wednesday: Skinny Jeans Need A Top

For whatever reason, praise for these jeans was going around the interwebs last week. To date I've been terrified and even mildly repulsed by skinny jeans. I've got a long torso and short legs by normal proportional standards so I thought they would equal disaster on me. Nevertheless, I marched off to Gap on the same day I clocked 6 miles running because, hell, if that's not going to make you feel good in jeans not much else will.

Well, I liked 'em. Color me shocked.

So then I got to thinking and a tunic top seemed to be in order. Since I promised Matt I would pick him up at the airport late Sunday night I needed something to help me stay awake. Enter McCall 5556, stage right, straight from the Out Of Print door.

After a few hours of work, I'm embarrassed to say that I've got little to show. It took me 30 minutes to figure out how to turn one strap inside out using this poorly illustrated technique in the instructions. Pathetic!

But I emerged victorious, I cut the two long strings down to size to make the button loops, and I called it a night.

Mom's in town for a conference and she's spending the weekend with us. Hooray for a visit from Mom and her wallpapering skills! The basement bathroom is about to be finished, once and for all.

* Scroll up and over to vote on a dress!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails