This means that the foundation with monogram did not make it into the final product, as suspected. I think you'll agree that that was a good sacrifice to make. There is no way I could have gotten as smooth of a finish had I been stuck attaching the (bulky) foundation.
So the top is about 97% there - I need to fully stitch the gathered neck line into place so that it's tighter and more uniformly scrunched, so to speak. But I like this shot because you can see the nice sheen that the taffeta has. And as for the back, the V will come to a clean point at the waist band once completed. I didn't feel like pinning everything perfectly into place for this half ass photo shoot. Let's scroll down for the last bit of progress:
Say hi to Hudgins, the black dog I don't have to worry about around a white dress. You can see the lining here and some tulle pinned to the bottom. I'm going to sew the top layer of the skirt next and want to see if it needs some oomph from the tulle or if it will have enough body on its own.
And as for the monogram, I'm still looking for a home to give it. I tried stitching it to the top of the skirt lining but my machine was not happy about that proposition. Danger, Will Robinson. Three times. I swear that machine is so finicky and the moon, stars, and planets have to be in perfect alignment in order for it to work. Today was not that day, apparently.