9.22.2009

The Weekend

I had the good fortune of seeing The September Issue with my friend N on Friday night. After all the traveling and related hub-bub of past weeks, let me say a quiet night in the theater with a *moderately* intellectual flick was nothing short of glorious. Sewing fans, splurge on some movie tickets and go see it. Then come home and look at your current projects and immediately feel inadequate. That's what I did, at least.

All of which to say the purple plaid dress will likely never be a fully completed project. The summer's gone, the fabric is not appropriate for the upcoming cold, and so that ship has sailed. This is quite alright in my book, as today I'm sporting a fall frock that I made a few years back and have gotten some rave reviews. It's only 8:30! Turns out, you turn heads if you're a woman and wear anything other than a suit in these parts. So, some smart little fall dresses are in my future.

In the meantime, I did get some sewing in this weekend. Dining room drapes finally happened and here's a hint as to what they look like.

Wild, right? (haha) However, the blue in mine is a few shades brighter. I prefer this semi-washed out look. So question of the day: how does one fade home dec fabric in a careful and controlled way without simply putting it in the sun and waiting for weeks?

image via Isuwannee.com via The Newlywed Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails